Project Manager – SBBRemote Office, Alberta#IND123
Do you enjoy managing complex and high profile projects, leading discussions with internal and external partners, andhave a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the SBB Manager, Capital Project, the Project Manager is responsible for managing major capital projects for the Strand Base sector. The Project Manager is expected to provide technical and project management expertise on capital projects as needed and to act as an industry subject matter expert for Tolko. Assigned projects range from 1M to 50M.As a Project Manager – SBB You Will...
What We’re Looking For:
- Lead and direct technical and administrative project teams.
- Execute and monitor project activities.
- Manage changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work.
- Coordinate priorities and resources between multiple projects.
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports.
- Provide updates on customer and corporate issues participating in scheduled operational meetings as in routine with team leads and employees.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings of personnel related to project.
- Oversee contractors and installation teams on approved capital projects.
- Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget.
- Utilize corporate ISO processes to track project schedule and cost.
- Report status, develop project-related documentation and implement lessons learned.
- Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions.
- Participate in corporate business development activities.
- Manage project team responsible for document preparation, scanning, indexing and document OCR imaging.
- Update and maintain production and quality metrics of projects.
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Accounting for engineering tasks to ensure they meet contract requirements.
- Project Coordination between the internal and external teams and act as a liaison between Tolko and consulting firms & vendors.
- You will be able to work from your home office anywhere in Alberta or BC when not traveling to site.
What We Offer:
- 8-10 years’ plus experience in Project Management roles within a relevant industry
- Practical experience and demonstrated knowledge in forestry products manufacturing with a good understanding of OSB / forestry equipment, vendors and industry practices
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degree
- knowledge of electrical & control is considered an asset.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is considered a strong asset
- Must be able to work on various projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical documents including schematics and prints as well as interpret engineering tolerances
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Recap
- Knowledge of SmartSheet is considered an asset
- Experience in hiring and developing diverse teams
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko?Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted atwww.tolko.comuntil filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us onLinkedIn
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Operations and Logistics