Certified Welder – Relocation support providedHigh Level, Alberta
Our Certified Welders
hold us together – literally. Our welders thrive on the opportunity to fabricate new solutions
and repair existing mill process components
and infrastructure. They keep our business running and do so in a way that keeps our employees and equipment safe. Does this sound like the position you’ve been waiting for? Read on to learn more!
We’re looking for a Red Seal Welder
to join our largest sawmill
, located in High Level
, Alberta. Our High Level Lumber Division safely and sustainably produces forest products for customers around the world so they can build their homes and their communities.
You’re experienced in your trade
and know your way around CMMS systems
and (ideally) have experience in JD Edwards. You’re a great communicator
, able to work independently
and love to problem solve
. It’s a bonus if you come with fabricator endorsement and millwright experience, and/or previous experience in a forest products environment.Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You will keep safety top of mind as you apply your knowledge, experience and problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues that come up.
- You will use your knowledge of welding techniques and metallurgy to complete the lay-out, fitting and fabrication of metal components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, platforms, handrails, machine guarding and piping.
- You will repair metal components and infrastructure using gas, arc-air, MIG, TIG and electrode as required.
- You will accurately read blueprints and interpret OEM maintenance information to complete work to mill standards.
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don't think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.So, what’s in it for you?
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You will earn a competitive wage with added premiums for working shifts, dual tickets and signing up as a first aider.
- Competitive benefits and retirement plans come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued development through on the job and classroom training.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
About High Level
Located in the beautiful northwestern region of Alberta, High Level is home to over 4,000 people. Surrounded by unspoiled nature, the town has endless outdoor activities to explore, along with an in-town swimming pool, hockey arena, yoga studio, golf course and many more amenities. We honour that the Town of High Level is Treaty 8 territory, traditional territory of the Beaver, Dene Tha’, Little Red River Cree, Tallcree, and a traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including the Paddle Prairie Métis Peoples. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.Follow us onLinkedIn,Facebook, andTwitterto stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Construction, Mining and Trades