Functional Area Lead – 2 positions – Relocation support provided High Prairie, Alberta
In our 24/7 OSB operations, consistency between shifts and collaboration between departments is essential. Our Functional Area Leads
ensure we all work together to maximize productivity of equipment, people and resources. Yep, they are the glue that holds their area of responsibility together, so if that sounds like you read on…
We are looking for two experienced Functional Area Leads (FAL)
at our High Prairie OSB Division. There will be one Functional Area Lead based in the green-end
and one based in the forming/pressing area
. Our mill is undergoing an exciting major rebuild and modernization
of its main production press and this is a great time to join our leadership team.
As our ideal candidate, you have post-secondary education in a relevant field
and supervisory experience leading teams
in an industrial manufacturing environment.
You are a fantastic communicator
with a passion for driving change and improvement through people and processes
. You have solid working knowledge of OSB manufacturing
, continuous process operations
and experience maintaining large industrial machinery
.Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You take ownership of your area of responsibility to maximize productivity of equipment, people and resources within the area
- You prioritize and ensure all maintenance work in the area is completed to standard
- You ensure that Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are up to date and that all employees working in the area are trained and competent.
- You identify opportunities and lead initiatives for improvement to increase production and safety, as well as driving synergy between teams
- Your skills in MS Excel help you analyze data, understand trends and quantify improvements
- You coach employees on safe and productive work habits and ensure proper reporting and recording of maintenance and safety issues
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don't think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, plus an additional northern living allowance on top of your base pay.
- You will be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- Competitive benefits and retirement plans come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued professional development through on the job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and professional membership fees.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say
!About High Prairie
Located four hours northeast of Edmonton, the Town of High Prairie is a thriving community with 26,957 hectares of park and protected natural assets. There are endless outdoor activities for both land and lake lovers alike and facilities include an arena, curling rink, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts and baseball diamonds. We honour that High Prairie is situated on the ancestral and traditional territory of the Cree, Dene and Métis. Watch this video
to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
Follow us onLinkedIn
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board athttps://recruiting.ultipro.ca
or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website atwww.tolko.com/careers
Operations and Logistics