Mechanical Team Leader – Relocation support provided
High Prairie, Alberta
Our Mechanical Team Leaders
are critical to the success of our company. They keep our maintenance teams engaged, organized and efficient and support our operations teams in keeping our equipment running safely and efficiently. If you are a leader at heart, have a passion for maintenance and want to be part of something BIG, you may have just found your perfect fit.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Team Leader
at our High Prairie OSB Division. Our mill is undergoing an exciting major rebuild and modernization
of its main production press and our new Mechanical Team Leader will be a key member of the leadership team
on this project.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned leader
with experience leading teams of 5 or more (including apprentices) in an industrial production environment.
A Millwright certification with a provincial or inter-provincial ticket is preferred. A solid working knowledge of OSB manufacturing
, continuous process operations
and experience maintaining large industrial machinery
and 24-hour operations is ideal, as is experience working with hydraulic systems
and pneumatic systems
. To support your team, you will be available for on-call duty one week per month.Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You will apply organization and planning skills to schedule, coordinate, and direct mechanical resources. This includes the coordination of parts, materials, special tools and equipment.
- You will use your problem-solving skills and knowledge of root cause analysis to support your team in finding solutions to and efficiencies in maintenance and production matters. A Six Sigma certification would give you an extra edge.
- You will lead by example and provide feedback and support to ensure that your team completes proper documentation for work performed and adheres to work rules, policies and safety procedures.
- You’ll use your interpersonal and communication skills to build and engaged and efficient team and work across departments to maximize the productivity of equipment, people and resources.
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don't think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, plus an additional northern living allowance on top of your base pay.
- You will be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- Competitive benefits and retirement packages come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued professional development through on the job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and membership fees.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry,
there is no better place than Tolko
. Our family has been producing innovative forest products
for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests
and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Applications will be accepted until the suitable candidate has been selected.Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say
!About High Prairie
Located four hours northeast of Edmonton, the Town of High Prairie is a thriving community with 26,957 hectares of park and protected natural assets. There are endless outdoor activities for both land and lake lovers alike and facilities include an arena, curling rink, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts and baseball diamonds. We honour that High Prairie is situated on the ancestral and traditional territory of the Cree, Dene and Métis. Watch this video
to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
Follow us onLinkedIn
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Maintenance and Technicians