Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic – Relocation support provided
High Level, Alberta
Our Heavy Duty Mechanics
keep us running fierce. They troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair equipment to keep the mill running and keep it running safely. If the chance to take on the maintenance and repair of mobile equipment in a state-of-the-art facility sounds
like your kind of challenge, read on to find out more!
We’re looking for a Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic
to join our largest sawmill,
located in High Level, Alberta. Our High Level Lumber Division safely and sustainably produces forest products for customers around the world
so they can build their homes and their communities.
You are a certified Heavy Duty Mechanic
, with experience working on hydraulic equipment and cylinders
, as well as assembling large precision heavy equipment
for the wood processing sector. You know your way around blueprints, diagrams and schematics
, and consistently follow work processes and procedures. You use your knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvement and cost-savings.Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You keep things running smoothly by maintaining the pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers, chain bearings, and hydraulics that support the OSB manufacturing process.
- You use your knowledge and experience to troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate and perform maintenance work on a variety of machinery.
- You tackle equipment issues before they arise through preventative and predictive maintenance
- You put safety first as you operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery.
- When problems arise, you inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don't think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.So, what’s in it for you?
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You will earn a competitive wage with added premiums for working shifts, dual tickets and signing up as a first aider.
- Competitive benefits and retirement plans come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued development through on the job and classroom training.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About High Level
Located in the beautiful northwestern region of Alberta, High Level is home to over 4,000 people. Surrounded by unspoiled nature, the town has endless outdoor activities to explore, along with an in-town swimming pool, hockey arena, yoga studio, golf course and many more amenities. We honour that the Town of High Level is Treaty 8 territory, traditional territory of the Beaver, Dene Tha’, Little Red River Cree, Tallcree, and a traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including the Paddle Prairie Métis Peoples. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.
Construction, Mining and Trades