A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. WSP has a new opportunity for an Intermediate/Senior Water Resources Engineer
, Intermediate/Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer
or Intermediate/Senior River Engineer
to join the Prairies and North Region's Water Resources Engineering Group on a full-time basis in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon or Yellowknife. The water group provides a variety of engineering and environmental water services to many high-profile projects in the Prairie Provinces, Territories, throughout Canada and throughout the world.
The successful candidate will be involved in various water resources, hydrotechnical and mining projects. Your role will include providing team leadership, mentoring, and technical expertise for water resources, civil engineering and environmental projects. You will be a technical leader in open-channel hydraulics and hydraulic modelling and may act as a technical mentor or senior reviewer for junior staff. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will apply your engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with WSP's clients and your other client contacts to pursue new work for the Water Resources Engineering Group.A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You will be a technical specialist in open-channel hydraulics and hydraulic modelling (1D, 2D, and 3D);
- You will be a technical specialist in dam breach modelling and assessment (Newtonian and non-Newtonian flow regimes);
- You will be leading or managing water resources projects, including flood assessments, flood mapping, flood mitigation designs, hydrotechnical assessments/designs, watershed management, impact assessments, natural channel design, environmental compliance and regulatory permitting;
- You will be leading or managing various projects involving hydraulic/hydrologic analyses, including design of hydraulic structures, surface water diversions, water control structures, water intakes, pump stations, surface water outlets to rivers, pipelines and mining infrastructure;
- You will participate in a variety of water resources engineering projects at the proposal, planning and execution stages for engineering studies or construction projects;
- You may be required to provide engineering support during construction;
- You will manage multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes;
- You will be writing proposals and technical reports;
- You are expected to be leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients;
- You are expected to be developing and sustaining positive business relationships;
- You will offer innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives;
- You are expected to be providing technical direction and mentoring to junior and intermediate staff;
- You will be expected to be a health and safety leader when conducting business on behalf of WSP.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering (with experience or a focus on hydraulic modelling);
- Eligibility for immediate registration with APEGA, APEGS or NAPEG as a Professional Engineer;
- 10 years minimum experience in hydraulic modelling studies in support of engineering studies or design;
- Experience with hydraulic or hydrologic modelling assessments in support of engineering studies or design (mandatory);
- Experience with water management infrastructure design and construction (this is an asset);
- Experience with tender preparation and construction administration (this is an asset);
- Experience with water resources, dams, hydraulic structures, erosion protection, or mine water management (this is an asset);
- A proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships;
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills;
- The ability to exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously;
- A team player attitude, and the ability to motivate and lead by example;
- High ethical standards and integrity;
- The ability to write proposals and technical reports;
- A commitment to technical excellence;
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving able to manage and develop business relationships.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.