26523 Position Type:
Whitecourt, AB, Canada Location:
Whitecourt As a proven leader in the industrial maintenance field you feel as though at the core of it you are a mechanical problem solver.
You're well-versed in executing
on maintenance programs and with your people leadership skills, have enabled and inspired performance excellence.
If this speaks to you, this Maintenance Supervisor
opportunity in Whitecourt, AB,
might be your calling.
This is your chance to apply your education and experience to continue on your quest to be a driver of operational success. You understand the importance of balancing production, maintenance, and your team's needs while being accountable to safety above all else
. You will be working alongside the best and brightest in the business at a technically complex sawmill.
You have a clear sense of accountability
, and are highly organized
. You've planned and scheduled maintenance for multiple trade functions,
preferably in a union setting and have a knack for meeting short term maintenance goals
along with keeping the longer range challenges in focus. A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Supervisor includes:
For this role, you'll come equipped with:
- Provide direction and support to reports and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Assist in developing and achieving targets in safety, quality, cost, and delivery and employee engagement
- Supervise and provide leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Ensure the Canfor Operating System (COS) is being followed with the emphasis on abnormality response
- Ensure the preventative maintenance program is developed and followed and that cost targets are within budget.
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to ensure both maintenance and production targets are met and quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain high standards of work performance and correct behaviour as required
- Plan and implement daily and weekly preventative maintenance work lists and duties
- Proven maintenance and leadership experience in industrial manufacturing
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in continually changing internal and external business conditions
- Knowledge of an electronic based maintenance program would be an asset
- An interprovincial trade qualification would be considered an asset
If you're up for a challenge, there's really no need to look any further. Come see why we're consistently rated amongst BC's Best Employers and build your career with Canfor! Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location.
#CADS #LI-GS1 Job Segment:
Manager, Maintenance, Management, Manufacturing
Management and Executive