Mechanical Project Manager: Harvey 2410
The Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering engineering projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications.
To achieve these important goals, the Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of project team members.
Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each projects lifecycle.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and oversee Mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity
- Analyze customer design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work
- Lead a project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables
- Manage a team to ensure cost effective, safe and timely completion of projects to meet or exceed client expectations
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success
- Work with clients to deliver the end project
- Prepare and review specification and concept reports
- Foster new business development opportunities
- Maintain and grow current business and client relationships
- Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required
- Visit the site once under construction every 2-3 months
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process
- Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budget status, and manpower resource utilization.
- Escalate and identify the need for additional services and fees.
- Assist with Shop drawing reviews as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Professional Engineering Designation (P. Eng.) or Eligibility for licensing in the Province of Alberta
- 10 years plus of industry related experience
- Require experience and understanding of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Consulting engineering background is preferred
- Strong understanding of engineering contractors, suppliers and manufacturers
- Mechanical and Electrical coordination experience
- Construction experience will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills
- Advanced interpersonal, team building, leadership and organizational skills
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders
Job Specific Competencies:
Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Planning & Organizing – Developing, implementing and adjusting plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
Team Leadership – Builds strong teams by assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Full benefits plan is available